Advanced access is a new approach which aims to improve access to your family doctor when you really need it. The traditional annual appointment that you had to book months in advance will now be replaced by appointment time slots that will be distributed during the current or following week. As a result, you will now be able to quickly see your family doctor:
- For an acute health issue or a minor emergency
- For a periodic screening review
- For a follow-up (hypertension, diabetes, CSST review, etc.)
This new system will improve access to your doctor and to do so, we need you! First of all, here are the main elements to understand to correctly use the advanced access:
- Time slots for your doctor are open 2 weeks in advance
- You must book your appointment by calling the clinic or by using the on-line form. Our system is built to let you have an easy access to appointment booking.
- There is no recall list because you are the one who books the appointment and the secretary is not calling you back.